When you enter a new dentist office, you immediately observe what’s going on around you. You take notice of details that are appealing or quirks that aren’t quite so pleasant. This can go from the front desk receptionist to the decorations around.
When you finally meet the new dentist, they’re usually quite friendly and you feel at ease with the appointment. However, what if there was a way to discern details about your dentist prior to the appointment itself?
At Ivory Dental, we’ve decided to clear up some terms in Dr. Najimi’s “About Me” so that you’re completely up to speed with who she is, and what she can do for you. By clearing these terms, you’ll be able to read her biography easily and smoothly.
Common Dentistry Terms
- DDs vs DMD: One stands for Doctor of Dental Surgery while the other is Doctor of Dental Medicine. These are the same degrees awarded once a person graduates from dental school as a general dentist. The school chooses the title.
- General Dentistry: general dentist is your primary when it comes to oral health. They diagnose, treat, and manage your overall health needs.
- Implants: these are tooth-like components placed into one’s mouth that replaces a tooth.
- Prosthetic: a prosthetic is an artificial component that takes place of the original component and can be used in a similar manner.
- The International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI): is the largest dental implant organization and the largest provider of continuing dental implant education.
- Invisalign: are a tool to restructure one’s mouth without having to wear braces.
However, if you have other questions or you encounter terms you don’t understand, Dr. Najmi and the Ivory Dental Staff in Jacksonville are ready to answer all your questions. It’s important to have a holistic understanding of not only your treatment options, but who will be conducting your treatment. Soon you’ll be your own mini-expert on dentistry terms!