Best thing to do before a dentist appointment
Posted on: Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
When you visit the dentist, a little bit of pressure builds up. You want your mouth to be the best it can be and, hopefully, show your dentist that you’ve been diligent in taking their advice. However, most of the time, you’re squeezing in a dentist appointment between a work meeting and a hurried lunch, and general prep time is cut in half.
So what should you do to put forward your best and freshest smile before the dentist? Instead of leaving yourself to prepare right before an appointment, you can take easy steps during the months in-between. That way, you’ll have been preparing for your appointment without the rush or the hassle. Here are some quick tips that can help you prepare for your appointment, and help your dentist truly care for your oral health.
5 Tips to Prepare Before a Dentist Appointment
- Change Toothbrush Often: an old toothbrush that’s frayed and tired won’t be doing much in cleaning. A general rule is to replace a toothbrush every 3 months, but another rule of thumb is to change the toothbrush whenever you see the bristles show any side of wear. Also, make sure to change out your toothbrush after you’ve been sick.
- Set A Timer: while rushing through your morning routine and swishing the toothbrush back and forth might freshen your breath, it might not be the best way to clean. However, set a timer on your phone for 2 minutes to ensure a clean and healthy breath.
- Brush Softer: A normal approach to brushing is taking on the role of a gladiator and attacking your teeth enamel. However, brushing too hard can actually hurt one’s gums. Getting a softer toothbrush and brushing with less force can go a long way to a healthier mouth.
- Chew Gum: sometimes you can’t always brush your teeth between meals, but keeping a pack of sugar-free gum on you can help keep cavities away. Gum is helpful at removing food debri that cavity-causing bacteria thrives on.
- Floss: yes, we know you’ve heard it a million times. However, get ready to hear it a million more times. Flossing truly does help keep a healthy mouth. If you want your dentist to have an easier time, flossing is a great way to do it.
Those 5 tips will get you the stella review from your dentist and help you keep a clean and healthy mouth. Keep up with your 6 month cleaning appointments to ensure your oral health stays in tip top shape. If you need your dentist in Jacksonville ,Fl to give you some more health tips, Ivory Dental is ready to help and waiting by the phone.