Transform Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
Some smiles – particularly celebrity smiles – are quite enviable. They’re white, perfect, straight, but they look completely natural. Many of these flawless smiles are the result of porcelain veneers. When you’re embarrassed or dissatisfied with your smile – whether it’s stained, crooked, chipped, or just less than impressive – porcelain veneers are the cosmetic dentistry solution that lets you smile proudly and happily again.
Why Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are wafer-thin shells that are most often created from porcelain, lumineer porcelain, ceramic, or composite resins. Porcelain veneers are a tremendously transformative solution that can solve imperfections such as:
- Misaligned teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Broken teeth
- Teeth with gaps
- Discolored teeth
- Permanently stained teeth
The Application of Porcelain Veneers
Your dentist will make impressions of your teeth and then a mold of the way your teeth will look once the veneers are placed. This mold is sent to a dental lab where your veneers are created for your smile in one to two weeks. The size, shape, tone, and translucency of your custom veneers are designed to match your teeth or to whiten and improve the look of your teeth.
Once your veneers are ready, your dentist will use a specially selected tooth-colored cement to bond the veneers to the front surface of a tooth to cover enamel that is discolored, stained, chipped, cracked, or even to shield teeth that are misaligned or have gaps between them. Composite resins are applied directly to the teeth and then shaped appropriately to flatter your mouth and face shape.
Veneers are most often applied over the front-most teeth. They are a desirable alternative to crowns in that veneers allow the patient to maintain more tooth structure. (Smaller, more localized, structural problems can often be treated using dental bonding procedures.) Once the veneer is placed and both you and your dentist are happy with the way the veneer looks, a special light will be used to harden the cement and permanently attach the veneer to your tooth. From there, your dentist will check your bite and make sure that the veneers fit perfectly.
When you maintain good oral health – brushing, flossing, and keeping up with your regular visits to your dentist for cleanings and exams – your veneers can last for many years.
The Advantages of Porcelain Veneers
Besides the fact that porcelain veneers instantly transform a smile from lackluster to amazing, this cosmetic dentistry solution has many other benefits:
- Longevity. Porcelain veneers last longer than bleaching or bonding.
- Strength. Veneers are resistant to stains and chips and will not discolor over time. Natural teeth that are weakened by old or broken fillings can also be strengthened by veneers.
- Convenience. Don’t have the time or desire to straighten your teeth using orthodontic treatment? Porcelain veneers can give you the straight smile you want in just a few visits to your dentist.
- Versatility. While treatments such as teeth whitening or Invisalign are viable and effective options for solving cosmetic dental problems, porcelain veneers are a comprehensive solution for several cosmetic dental issues at once. This versatility makes veneers one of the most popular smile makeover choices.
When you opt for porcelain veneers, not only are you signing up for an immediate and dramatic smile makeover, you’re giving yourself the opportunity to look younger, wealthier, healthier, and happier. Ready to transform your smile and revitalize your life? Learn more about the magic of porcelain veneers from Dr. Shaista Najmi in Jacksonville, Florida.